- About D. A. Shaver
- Brute Force Attacks
- Googling Google
- Hex color abreviations
- How To Make A Website
- How To Take Pictures For Your Website
- How to get started blogging
- How to make money
- How to manage your strong passwords
- Just the facts
- Moving your computer
- My Experiences With Anti-Virus Software
- Privacy Statement
- Refresh the file and folder lists
- Stupid Windows Messages
- Tame Multiple Domains On The Web Site With htaccess 301 Redirect
- The Future Of The Internet Software
- The Necessity Of A UPS
- Web Site Usability Keeps Customers Returning
- What Is A Domain Name?
- What Is A Web Browser?
- What Is Good SEO?
- What Is RSS?
- What Is Web Mail?
- What Is Website Hosting?
- What is FTP?
- What is a Good Web Page?
- What is a database?
- What is the one thing web hosting companies fail to understand?
- Why Everyone Can And Should Have A Blog
- Why You Need A Web Site
- Writing Articles for your Website or Blog
What Is A Computer Program?
A computer program is a series of instructions that must contain sequence, selection, or repetition.
Sequence, Selection Or Repetition
Sequence is when the instructions are read in list fashion. Selection would be when some condition is specified such as if a given field is equal to a number or other given field. Do this if. Repetition is when a given instruction is repeated over and over again until a given condition is met such as do this 100 times. Do this until.
In this picture (taken from http://php.net/) you can see the most common construction. This one is called a for loop. The loop means it will be executed many times. The for means for a given number of times. In the picture the dollar sign indicates that the number after it is placeholder for a variable number much like in algebra. The expressions are separated by semicolons. The first expression just establishes an initial value for the variable. The second expression might say do this until i is less than or equal 10. The value of i would be checked here every time the loop is executed. The last one is incrementing or storing the value of i in i . echo just means to print a value such as i.
This web site is made with Drupal, a PHP program.